Daily Doors brings you 147 household doors (those ones present in every project) opening and closing, recorded simultaneously from a close and a distant perspective. One of the main problems with doors is that they tend to sound “too close”. A door will sound different depending on where the microphone is placed. By using two different mics, we tried to achieve that goal and match the camera point of view.
- Close perspective is around 50 centimeters far away from the source, whereas the distant one is around 2-3 meters far away, depending on the room size.
- Distant perspective is in M/S. Both M/S Decoded and RAW are included in the library, so you can play with it as you please: using only the close one, using both close and distant, using just the distant one, decoding it to mono, wider… The list is endless.
- Unless it wasn’t possible due to the nature of the sound, all sounds were recorded in two different intensities: Hard and Soft. Each file contains at least 3 different takes opening and closing, making a total of more than 1400 door sounds.
- Some other actions, apart from opening and closing, have been also included, such as knocking on doors, slamming, forcing handles, locking and unlocking doors, door chains and latches.
- All files are in 96 kHz / 24 bit and meta-tagged, both in Soundminer and BWAV.
Gear Used: Close Perspective: Sennheiser 8050, Sennheiser 416 Distant Perspective: Sennheiser 418, AKG CK93 & 94, Zoom H2n Recorders: Zoom F8, Sound Devices 633
- Files: 441 | Size: 4.15 GB | Sampling Rate: 96kHz/24Bit | Meta-Tagged: No
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.